Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 10, 2023

Riko and Sara, the twin squirrels

The other day, my girlfriend share an exciting news with me that her Japanese daughter-in-laws has just gave birth to a pair of beautiful twin daughters. She has just becomes a grandma for the very first time - what’s an great news! Their names are Riko and Sara. Grandma asks if I could crochet something cute for her to ship over to Japan for the new born granddaughters? I said, “for sure, it would be my honour and love to so”.  My friend wants something that represent Canada, so the twin squirrels are born. 


She doesn’t wants the common animal such as; teddy bear, bunny, puppy etc. She wants something that is more unique so I’ve created the squirrel. I used grey colour for the body with a patch of white at the front. I choose two different colours to make the toque and I made one squirrel smaller size for the smaller twin, the torque colour are white and red which represents our Canadian and Japanese flag. One is holding a white ball and the other a red ball. I named them Riko and Sara which are the names of the twin. 


This is what the back looks like. I put my leather logo of LalaBuy Baby at the back. Everything about these squirrels are baby and child proof and machine washable. My girlfriend told me her son’s family love it very much which made me very happy. This is one of my special designed amigurimi toys I’ve made specific for the twin.


I used 55% cotton and 45% acrylic yarn with a 2.5mm hook. This sets took me approx. 15 hours from start to finish. It stands about 7 inches tall, perfect side for baby. This is a meaningful gifts from the grandmother to them. 

As X’mas is approaching around the corner, please PM LalaBuy Baby to create one of the kind toy for your loved one, something that is custom made with love. You won’t see a similar one out in the market.

See you next post! 

Checkout my: 

IG: Lalabuy.baby

FB: https://www.facebook.com/LalaBuyBaby

Email: LalaBuyBaby66@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment