Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Lulu, the Butterfly

Meet Lulu, the butterfly. I got the pattern of Lulu from a pattern book by Erinna Lee. She is an Australia designer/author who is very talented. I’ve learned a lot from her. Originally, I was making this one for my granddaughter, Elianna but ended up keeping it for my own as a sample.


I made Lulu with a combination of cotton and acrylic yarn, 45% acrylic and 55% cotton, it’s has the softer feel to touch. Perfect for toddler to hold in their hand. My two years old granddaughter held her by holding on one of the hand. I used size 2mm hook. Therefore, the holes in between each stitches are a lot smaller. This cuties is about 7 inches tall while sitting and about 9 inches standing.


I used four different colour yarns on her; peach, pink, green and white. Two small safety eyes with a few strand of eyes lashes. She is quite cute. This one is just a sample, the colour can be changed as per your request. 

Because Lulu is more complex and complicated to make, I’ve spent about 12 hours on her. In my opinion, she still has many flaws that I would like to alter to turn her into perfection. She is one of my first one I made in a butterfly form - I truly believe practice makes perfect!

LalaBuy Baby is now taking order for Christmas, or any other Season. If you are interested to have one made for your loved one, please PM me for more information. I do shipping as well. 

See you next post!

Check out: 

IG: LalaBuy.Baby
Email: Lalabuybaby66@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment