Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Bella the Bumble Bee

My second amigurimi is Bella, the bumble bee. This one was made for my granddaughter Nevaeh when she was around two years old. It is about 14 inches in height and 5 inches in width, I used acrylic yarn with a 5.0mm hook for this one. It took me about 8 hours to complete, It’s quite challenging when it comes to crochet the black yarn area, I simply can’t see the stitches. Because it’s black in colour and you can’t really tell what you are crocheting. And when you lost a stitch, you are in trouble. You have to crochet by feel, not by look.



Nevaeh loves her bumble bee, she kept it in her crib and sleep with her every night. I try to create a name for all the toys I made, which made it more unique and personal. I feel every kid should have at least one favourite toy to grow old with. That is a priceless memory.


I got this pattern on the internet, and alter a bit on the pattern, I used different colour yarn and change thing up a bit. Oh and I designed a purple bow to add a touch of cuteness. I used a safety eyes but it’s safely fasten at the back that it won’t come loose and it’s child proof. I used a strand of red thin yarn to sew on the mouth. I decided not to give her a nose, I find that’s more cute without one. Two set of wings on each side, the top pair is bigger then the bottom pair. That’s all about Bella for now - I’ll see you at the next post!

I am currently taking orders for Christmas. Please check out my IG account: @lalabuy.baby FB account: @ https://www.facebook.com/LalaBuyBaby for more information. My Email: lalabuybaby66@gmail.com
Please PM me if you want one done for your loved one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment